Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Taking a pass.

Where does the time go?

I had today off. Went to Logan's Recognition Assembly at school, which was great to see - he has yet to get anything by As in middle school, and he was recognized for being the smarty-pants that he is at the assembly.

I had an appointment at the Apple store, with a genius at the genius bar, at 11.30. So I made a quick pass at the Highlands Ranch Goodwill before my appointment. Nothing worth buying.

Then it was off to the Apple store. My personal genius, Josh, was quite helpful. Genius, even.

I have an ipod touch, as do both of my kids. They got theirs way after I got mine. Mine works perfectly.

Both of theirs didn't. Until today.

Long and short, I hung around Aspen Grove until 1 pm until Josh and other like-minded Apple geniuses supplied me with two brand new ipod touches for my kids. Thank god for warranties.

I was homeward bound after that. Although I did stop by Savers on the way home - found some killer Eames-era Franciscan Duet pieces, and two Longaberger Paprika coffee mugs.

Time off is so precious, and poof, before I turned around, it was 3 pm.

Tomorrow I'm walking with my friend Anne, lunching with my friend Shawn. I can't think of a better way to spend a day off before the work wheel starts spinning again. So I'll be taking a pass on the estate sale.

Some things are so much more precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment