Monday, February 21, 2011

Speak into the microphone.

Yes, I blog.

Admittedly, blogging is self-indulgent. Blogging assumes so much.

It assumes I have something to say.

It presumes I can say it cogently.

Then, there's the wistful assumption that people will actually read what I write.

But I have the technology to podcast.

I'm hooked on podcasts. Podcasts make up the majority of what I listen to every day.

So the prospect of creating my own podcast is wildly compelling.

I spent hours today trying to figure out how to create my podcast. I watched tutorials. I referred to many FAQ sites. I tinkered.

I rarely tinker.

And tonight, I'm spent.

Like any learning curve, I need to take a breather before the next incline. Late in the day, it became glaringly apparent that I'd overstretched my capacity to learn new things.

Maybe tomorrow.

I know I'm not done.

Because, when I searched for a podcast to add to my favorites that pointed a podcasty lens on thrifting, I came up with nothing.

I want to create a podcast about being thrifty.

Off the top of my head, I can think of about a jillion podcast topics.

I just need to figure out how to make my technology turn into a podcast.

I learned a few things today, but I didn't retain much.

It's going to take some time.

So far, I'm only confident that I know I can speak into the microphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment