Monday, January 30, 2012

Heading back to the start.

Sometimes, a road paved with good intentions can take an unexpected turn.

I decided a while back to pull up stakes on Paradigm Thrift, in order to point my bloggy sites in a different direction.

I started a blog about parenting my son, with the approval of the son in question. After the ball got rolling and I'd cranked out some entries, he asked that I stop. He told me that it made him feel uncomfortable to read my perceptions about his life.

I have the utmost respect for my son, and I'm grateful he was able to tell me how my writing was making him feel.

Words are powerful, beautiful, sometimes benign, sometimes evocative, interesting creatures.

And I'm going to continue to churn them out on the Paradigm Thrift site. I still have so much to write about - the blackboard in my bedroom is becoming dusty with new ideas.

So for the readers who visited and began to follow my new blog, thank you. For the thousand or so folks who hit on this blog when I wasn't posting anything new, who chose to continue to follow after I said I was heading somewhere else, thank you. I hope you all stick around.

Because the map continues to unfold itself when it comes to this site, and I have a lot of ground to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment