Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My favorite credit card.

When I was a kid, my family did a lot of traveling. We went all over the country in a super-long Recreational Vehicle. I was a kid, and I had no concept of how much it must have cost to shuttle us across these United States.

Times have changed.

I'm going on a very brief trip up to the mountains with my kids. We'll leave tomorrow morning, with Gigi and one of her daughters. I was on the fence last night.

Not literally, because the fence was being pelted by a foot of snow.

But today the forecast is sunny with a high probability of melt. The snow is leaving quickly, and we'll spend part of Spring Break and a nice chunk of change getting away from it all.

Money has literally taken on a new currency lately. Going anywhere any more is like buying popcorn at the movies or lunch at the airport. It's all crazy-expensive.

I won't put anything on credit. Credit, like I'm hoping it will be with inclement weather on our brief vacation, isn't on my windshield.

Fun will be had, money will be spent, mountainous beauty will be appreciated, relaxation will be top on my personal list of objectives.

I wish I could whip out the card in the photo that's conspicuously incongruous to pay for stuff during our trip. I think I should be able to use it just because it's so cool.

I recently received new health insurance cards for me and my two boys, and the format is designed for four cards. In the fourth spot, I received the "This Space Left Blank Intentionally" card. It's the coolest card in my wallet.

I'll be out of the loop for a few days, vacationing in the snowy Colorado mountains.

Maybe somewhere on our route I'll pull out my favorite credit card, just to see what kind of reaction I get.

3 comments:

  1. Hey beautiful- You won A blog award from me...

    Cheers

    refashionrecyclereuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the coolest thing ever! I feel so honored! Beth, thanks so much for bestowing this lovely acknowledgement on my bloggy blog - you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Initial You got a awesome blog .I determination be involved in plus uniform minutes. i view you got truly very functional matters , i determination be always checking your blog blesss. aplikasi pinjaman online

    ReplyDelete