Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cents and Sensibility, Day 21. Keeping it close to the vest.

Another day was passed at home, doing all the things I so actively avoided before this project began.

It was a lovely day - another day spent reacquainting myself to just being here, in my house, by myself. I could make a list of my accomplishments today, but I'm beginning to understand that's really not the point of this zany thing called Life.

Making a list of the stuff we get done. Highly overrated. Some things need to be kept to one's self.

I had plans tonight with my friend Pammy. Originally, she wanted to go out, but I requested that we meet either at her house or mine. Because of the project. I gratefully allocated the teeny bit of gas I still have in my tank to drive over to her house.

Ah, the sacrifices we make....

And what a sacrifice. Hanging out with my friend Pammy on a beautiful evening, in her bucolic back yard.

Pammy and I chat well.

So of course, that's what we did. Never enough Pammy time.

We talked about everything.

Like Fight Club, the first rule of a fruitful chat-fest with a good friend is to not talk about what you talked about.

Long story short: Pammy's the best. She's on my short list.

My evening proves that good times are free, and they're everywhere.

Some things are best when they're not shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment