Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cents and Sensibility, Day 25. Kind of blue.

Despite the fact that I have to work tomorrow at 8 am, I'm leaving soon to head downtown to El Chapultapec, to see my friends play some blues.

Shawn and her husband Chris were here for dinner tonight, and they left recently to set up.

I'm hoping a bunch of folks I know will be there when I get there.

Because I'm going by myself, to a neighborhood I wouldn't have gone to alone a couple of decades ago.

Back then, El Chapultapec was the place every hot blues and jazz musician played, and that legacy stands. Add a baseball field and a bunch of fancy bars, and the neighborhood's become a bit gentrified.

But El Chapultapec remains true to its roots. And it's even better when you know the band.

It's a great place to play, according to my friends. And it's a great place to hear live music.

I must go! I need to dig up $10 for parking. No cover.

A cheap night out. No doubt I'll be sleep deprived tomorrow.

A small price to pay to see my friends play some blues.

Just what the doctor ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment